Human Resources Intern
Position: Human Resources Intern
Department: Human Resources
Number of Open Positions: One
The National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH) is currently seeking an energetic Human Resources Intern to take initiative in assisting the HR department in daily operations and to work on special projects. NDVH is a nationally recognized leader in efforts to end family violence and provides services via phone, chat and text message. Our project Loveisrespect provides services for teens and young adults experiencing dating abuse.
The Human Resources Internship is a great opportunity to receive exposure to all aspects of human resources in a non-profit setting and to contribute in the design of HR programs and procedures. Interns would work closely with a team of qualified human resources professionals and learn the skills needed to excel in the non-profit sector, specifically in human resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expanding/Strengthening the agency’s internship program by increasing number of universities participating in the program
- Researching internet recruitment sites to include cost, requirements, and bilingual recruiting sites
- Assist with recruitment
- Job description updates
- Staff postings/vacancies (internal/external)
- New employee orientation/on boarding
Agency Staff Events
- Assist HR Manager with logistics for HR-related events
- Create new hire packets
- Create HR Reports
- Assist with finance as schedule and time allows
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Pursuing a degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or related field
- Strong writing skills, preferably knowledgeable about AP style
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and expand current skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Internship is unpaid position however each intern will have the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience and gain valuable knowledge in the position of his/her choosing. Interns may also receive academic credit through an approved program, if granted by the college or university.
The Helpline Advocate Intern is required to work a minimum of 8-16 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants must complete and submit the following:
- Completed Application form
- Two paragraph Statement of Purpose
- Current 1-2 page résumé
- Recent academic transcripts for each college/university you have attended (can be unofficial copies)
Send all items to: email@example.com
Incomplete applications or resume without a completed application will not be considered.