Helpline Advocate Intern
Position: Helpline Advocate Intern
Number of Open Positions: One
The National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH) is currently recruiting qualified applicants for an internship in its Communications/Development Department. NDVH is a nationally recognized leader in efforts to end family violence and provides services via phone, chat and text message. Our project loveisrespect provides services for teens and young adults experiencing dating abuse.
The Helpline Advocate Internship would be a great opportunity for an individual hoping to pursue a career in communications, public relations, non-profit management, social work, journalism or public affairs. Interns would work closely with a team of qualified professionals and learn the skills needed to excel in the non-profit sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on and help produce grant funded responsibilities
- Participate in outreach events
- Work with the Director to coordinate technical assistance responses
- Produce blog content and participate in social media response
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Non-profit Management, Social Work, Journalism or Public Affairs
- Willingness to participate in extensive training program
- Social media savvy
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and expand current skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
Internship is unpaid position however each intern will have the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience and gain valuable knowledge in the position of his/her choosing. Interns may also receive academic credit through an approved program, if granted by the college or university.
The Helpline Advocate Intern is required to work a minimum of 10-20 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants must complete and submit the following:
- Completed Application form
- Two paragraph Statement of Purpose
- Current 1-2 page résumé
- Recent academic transcripts for each college/university you have attended (can be unofficial copies)
Send all items to: email@example.com
Incomplete applications or resume without a completed application will not be considered.