Communications and Development Intern
Position: Communications and Development Intern
Number of Open Positions: Two
The National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH) is currently recruiting qualified applicants for an internship in its Communications/Development Department. NDVH is a nationally recognized leader in efforts to end family violence and provides services via phone, chat and text message. Our project loveisrespect provides services for teens and young adults experiencing dating abuse.
The Communications/Development Internship would be a great opportunity for an individual hoping to pursue a career in communications, public relations, non-profit management or public affairs. Interns would work closely with a team of qualified communications and development professionals and learn the skills needed to excel in the non-profit sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Concepting and creating content for loveisrespect.org, thehotline.org and other initiatives
- Assist in coordinating events that occur during the span of the internship
- Assist in managing campaigns across multiple platforms including social media, email, and direct mail
- Managing and updating constituent response systems
- Participating in brainstorms and team meetings
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Non-profit Management or Public Affairs
- Strong writing skills, preferably knowledgeable about AP style
- Social media savvy
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and expand current skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
Internship is unpaid position however each intern will have the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience and gain valuable knowledge in the position of his/her choosing. Interns may also receive academic credit through an approved program, if granted by the college or university.
HOURS: The Communications/Development Intern is required to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants must complete and submit the following:
- Completed Application form
- Two paragraph Statement of Purpose
- Current 1-2 page résumé
- Recent academic transcripts for each college/university you have attended (can be unofficial copies)
Send all items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications or resume without a completed application will not be considered.